Friday, June 18, 2010

Six packs Sridhara - Goal setting, planning, execution, tracking and risks.

After a long time, took a day off. I had loads of free time today, which is why this blog is getting updated ;-). Our family astrologer, recently [on May 30th] suggested few graha-shanthis to be done based on my horoscope. And because of things that happened recently, my parents wanted to get this done asap. Among, Yajna/homa, wearing a gem stone and meditation/japa – homa, is the most effective way of suppressing the negative effects of planets on us.

The more important thing for today is the spreadsheet that I prepared here for tracking my weight, exercise, reps, time spent, calories burnt etc. When I say something, I would like to stick to it [I am a Leo :-) ]. I did not say “Six packs Sridhara” just because it rhymes well [though I am yet to find a name that rhymes better :-P], I will try my best to get it. Having worked with quite a few good managers, I believe understanding the problem is half the problem solved. Once the problem is identified and understood, we will have to next plan how we go about solving it with continuous tracking.

I got enrolled for swimming at “Chairman’s club” [Sahakaranagar] yesterday. I am already a member at Talwalkars. I will get a personal trainer at Talwalkars from July 1st. I will use the spreadsheet for tracking my progress. The next thing is identifying a goal. Offcourse, I have said I will get “six packs”. But, to have the same “level” of motivation for more than 2 weeks is extremely difficult. So, the way around this problem is to have short term goals. One such short term goal is to get rid off atleast 10kgs by August 2nd, 2010, which is 47 days from today. As my friend rightly pointed out it’s a “do or die” situation for me. If ever in my life I should be 20kgs lesser, its in the next 3 months.

Being an aspiring manager and a serious investor, I cannot forget another important aspect :-P “Risks”. Yes, I am assuming I will be fit and healthy, will not be travelling, or stuck in evening/late night conf calls or there will not be any other unforeseen difficulties that could affect my schedule.

On the other hand, I am not sorry for my current state – I love food, and my current weight proves, the extent to which I have enjoyed it :-). There will be no change in my love towards food :-P.

Wish me luck :-)

-Sri

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I know you can do it :D

    I am going to steal your excel template & use it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked at your excel sheet... Pretty impressive..but still struck at 96!!..Only one solution dude.. pure discipline. Whatever you do.. do it regularly. Dont make impossible targets. You should enjoy what you do.. then will automatically will show the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Don... I have lost 4kgs in 3 weeks - I'm not stuck :-p and just 1kg off from my target :-). If I am able to reduce another 4kgs in then next 3 weeks, that'll sum upto to 8kgs in 6 weeks [June 21 - August 2] - I will be extremely satisfied.

    Yeah, I completely agree there's no point fighting to reduce that is not going to help. My EGO is keeping my discipline in check :-).

    -Sri

    ReplyDelete